Hawks.

Views: 2553 Posts: 51
Bushies
wrote on 04-Feb-24 12:54

I'm hearing hills hawks are looking for players.

 

New coach
wrote on 04-Feb-24 15:47

A new coach too to replace the donkey that never washed his hair 

Question
wrote on 04-Feb-24 20:21

A lot of new coaches in the league this year .

 

Mac Dragons - Frankie 

Tigers - Macca 

Hills - ?

Normo ? 

Ha. Incorrect off the bat
wrote on 04-Feb-24 20:38

You sure about that

Seek.com
wrote on 05-Feb-24 14:11

Bushies wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>I'm hearing hills hawks are looking for players.


------------------------------------------

sounds like massive news.
Who would have guessed a club is trying to recruit players - unheard of

wrote on 05-Feb-24 22:10

Question wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>A lot of new coaches in the league this year .

>Mac Dragons - Frankie 

>Tigers - Macca 

>Hills - ?

>Normo ? 


------------------------------------------

I have on good sources that Normo are getting a new coach in. I believe their ressies coach/ second coch is taking over

Relegation
wrote on 06-Feb-24 13:45

Hawks and normo will battle it out with north ryde for last place

 

Ryde...
wrote on 07-Feb-24 13:05

Relegation wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Hawks and normo will battle it out with north ryde for last place


------------------------------------------

 

Ryde are in the hunt for the premiership.
all this talk about them being shit is to take the spot light off them.

 

I highly doubt they can do a mac dragons and come up and win, but hey, lets see.

No
wrote on 07-Feb-24 17:20

No they're not 

seen them

They'll be 8th at best 

Yes
wrote on 08-Feb-24 10:33

Better to be going for the premiership then just trying to survive. Imagine going into a season with your only goal being to not be relegated.That would be such a shit mentality for a team to have. Go for glory fellas.

 

Jimmy
wrote on 08-Feb-24 10:49

Obviously that's the mentality any team should have but just seems like silly talk that they're in for a title challenge. St Pats, Epping Eastwood and others much more likely to threaten WPH

Yes
wrote on 08-Feb-24 11:49

Well obviously yeah thats the reality, don't think anyone is considering them a contender, but every team should have that mentality.

I mean to be fair no one expected them to win the super league premiership last year, they weren't even expected to make finals so you never know. 

Toovey
wrote on 10-Feb-24 11:56

Interesting note my mate went to the hawks first training session on Wednesday and only had 26 players turn up but more interesting was their offering free rego.

Greg
wrote on 10-Feb-24 17:12

Toovey wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Interesting note my mate went to the hawks first training session on Wednesday and only had 26 players turn up but more interesting was their offering free rego.


------------------------------------------

"Only 26". 
its preseason champ thats not bad is it?

Investigation
wrote on 10-Feb-24 18:21

There has to be an investigation

Investigation
wrote on 11-Feb-24 00:37

There has to be an investigation

Hawks
wrote on 14-Feb-24 12:20

We still have 4 spots left to fill in our first grade team 

1 keeper

1 midfielder  wide player left

1 defender central

1 striker 

if you are interested please tonight's game training 7pm @hills grammar school kenthurst.

 

Hawks are going down
wrote on 14-Feb-24 12:59

Hawks wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>We still have 4 spots left to fill in our first grade team 

>1 keeper

>1 midfielder  wide player left

>1 defender central

>1 striker 

>if you are interested please tonight's game training 7pm @hills grammar school kenthurst.


------------------------------------------

no one wants to play for that shit club champ

Shampoo Sally
wrote on 14-Feb-24 14:08

Sounds like the old hawks coach is a bit salty.

Hawks are going down
wrote on 15-Feb-24 08:04

Hawks wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>We still have 4 spots left to fill in our first grade team 

>1 keeper

>1 midfielder  wide player left

>1 defender central

>1 striker 

>if you are interested please tonight's game training 7pm @hills grammar school kenthurst.


------------------------------------------

no one wants to play for that shit club champ

Bye bye Hawks
wrote on 29-Feb-24 06:41

Apparently Hawks have now officially pulled their team from PL. 

Does that mean Saints stay up ?

Nope
wrote on 29-Feb-24 12:54

Goes to 2nd best which is ravens but they are in a rebuild.

putney will be in Prems 

What happened
wrote on 29-Feb-24 13:47

I really dont understand what happened with hawks...

 

They were competitive last year... well run, well structured.

 

Seems strange that they go from that to gone.

Obvious...
wrote on 29-Feb-24 16:17

coach left.

 

fell to shit.

 

blame the coach.

Fire breather
wrote on 29-Feb-24 16:50

Will be interesting to see how putt putt golf does against the mighty fire breathing dragons #falconeontop#candybacktodragons 

 

Mighty Candy
wrote on 29-Feb-24 16:55

There is no way candy is still playing football he played with my father back in the 2000"s 

I don't know what worse him still playing football or no development of the right foot after 40 years playing football

#hotsausage 

Mighty Candy
wrote on 29-Feb-24 17:04

There is no way candy is still playing football he played with my father back in the 2000"s 

I don't know what worse him still playing football or no development of the right foot after 40 years playing football

#hotsausage 

Hawks are shit
wrote on 29-Feb-24 17:24

Hawky gawky,bitta hawk hawk 

Utopia
wrote on 29-Feb-24 18:05

Does this mean a SL team will come up?

or we going to have a bye 

Kindergarten
wrote on 29-Feb-24 18:09

Hawks are shit wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Hawky gawky,bitta hawk hawk 


---------------------------------------

kindergarten above your pay grade? Can only be from EEW

Yes
wrote on 29-Feb-24 22:10

Ravens going up albeit they're also struggling for players 

ZacSr
wrote on 01-Mar-24 00:12

Utopia wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Does this mean a SL team will come up?

>or we going to have a bye 


------------------------------------------

There could be a variety of options. Time will tell.

Maven
wrote on 01-Mar-24 07:54

Yes wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Ravens going up albeit they're also struggling for players 


------------------------------------------

 

why would you even go up lol

De-fault
wrote on 01-Mar-24 11:56

Getting "promotion" by default is the most Ravens thing ever. 
Almost as embarrassing as Mac Dragons "winning" the 2021 title by default 

Duck duck goose
wrote on 01-Mar-24 12:47

De-fault wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Getting "promotion" by default is the most Ravens thing ever. 
Almost as embarrassing as Mac Dragons "winning" the 2021 title by default 


------------------------------------------

 

How are either of those embarrassing? 
Ravens aren't asking as far as im aware, but they need 10 teams in PL. 

Mac were coming first when the season ended. What do you expect them to do? "You won more games then everyone else, how embarrassing"

De-fault
wrote on 01-Mar-24 16:04

It's embarrassing for Ravens as they've tried for 3 seasons to get back into prems and failed. Taking the mulligan from hawks folding is like crawling back in through the doggy door. 

As for Mac D and the whole "we won more games than everyone else" argument. The fact they claim they deserved it without playing the full season is the embarassing part. By your logic should we give the premiership to the team with most wins after 3 rounds? How about 6 rounds? When does it become acceptable apart from completing a full season?

Bye
wrote on 01-Mar-24 16:54

De-fault wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>It's embarrassing for Ravens as they've tried for 3 seasons to get back into prems and failed. Taking the mulligan from hawks folding is like crawling back in through the doggy door. 

>As for Mac D and the whole "we won more games than everyone else" argument. The fact they claim they deserved it without playing the full season is the embarassing part. By your logic should we give the premiership to the team with most wins after 3 rounds? How about 6 rounds? When does it become acceptable apart from completing a full season?


------------------------------------------

 

so you'd rather a 9 team comp with a bye than someone come up?

De-fault
wrote on 01-Mar-24 19:45

Never mentioned I didn't want them in the comp, just that it's an embarassing way to get back into the prems. 
To be honest the game against them will basically be a bye anyway for most teams so it's an easy 3 points either way

Circus
wrote on 02-Mar-24 22:08

Rumours have it the hawks coach was sacked by the president.

 

and now they fold.

 

prettt sure someone is to blame.

 

absoult circui in the buah

Ring Leader
wrote on 03-Mar-24 12:01

The blame has to be at the hands of the old coach who was sacks.

I can tell for a fact that he who has no idea about coaching along with the old board and team manager and some idiots in the squad fucked this club.He should have never been allowed to do what he did many years ago to get the top job their he just bullshited he way year after year and the club just threw money at them.$50-60 k was spent on that team over the years and not to ever play semi final football since 2015.

ITS A REAL SHAME DANIEL.

Moving on
wrote on 05-Mar-24 15:57

Someone at Hawks has a massive chip.
The rest of us don't care

Me01
wrote on 06-Mar-24 20:37

Bushies wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>I'm hearing hills hawks are looking for players.


------------------------------------------

It may seem strange, but clubs are always looking for new players :) Which Hills Hawks are you referring to? I know at least 2:

I'm sure there are others.

Rover
wrote on 06-Mar-24 21:48

Its a shame to see Hills Hawks fold the way they did. I remember when they first came up to PL and they were a young, fit team that just didn't stop going. I even remember when they dominated Kenthurst in the semi finals at Carlingford, great game to watch. Mainly because I hated Kenthurst, bunch of physical has-beens at the time.

Last year they clearly had the old guard and the younger generation coming through but both times we played them, they struggled for numbers but stayed competitive.

They weren't a bad bunch of blokes, we always had a laugh/cold ones with them after games. Hated going all the way out to Hayes Park. That's one thing I won't miss.

I hear Ryde Saints are staying up which is a real shame. Whenever we played them last year, you just knew that if you went ahead, you'd cop shit tackles for the rest of the 90.

Red beard
wrote on 06-Mar-24 22:34

Its ok, they will be playing with 10 most weeks anyway. 
Vinnie is there and apart from being mentally challenged is still a complete fucktard as evidenced last weekend at CP. Will get more cards than John Sands

THE ROCK
wrote on 07-Mar-24 10:45

Ring Leader wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>The blame has to be at the hands of the old coach who was sacks.

>I can tell for a fact that he who has no idea about coaching along with the old board and team manager and some idiots in the squad fucked this club.He should have never been allowed to do what he did many years ago to get the top job their he just bullshited he way year after year and the club just threw money at them.$50-60 k was spent on that team over the years and not to ever play semi final football since 2015.

>ITS A REAL SHAME DANIEL.


------------------------------------------

50-60k spent on the team?

Where am i getting all this money from? The lotto.

 

Pipe down champ.

Pennant Hills FC guy
wrote on 08-Mar-24 11:05

Haha 60k come on. Hawkies coach was part of the furniture. Loved chatting shit to players when they'd take throw ins but for better or for worse made it a memorable day. Needs to wash his hair more often but 60k what do you think this is English premier league?

Raven Haven
wrote on 08-Mar-24 11:10

Well he can still chat shit to players cause he's the new ravens coach.

Henderson
wrote on 08-Mar-24 11:15

So are Ravens PL or SL??

Pennant Hills FC guy
wrote on 08-Mar-24 11:47

Haha 60k come on. Hawkies coach was part of the furniture. Loved chatting shit to players when they'd take throw ins but for better or for worse made it a memorable day. Needs to wash his hair more often but 60k what do you think this is English premier league?

No way
wrote on 08-Mar-24 11:49

Raven Haven wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Well he can still chat shit to players cause he's the new ravens coach.


------------------------------------------

 

There's absolutely no way he's going all the way to Gladesville to coach a team that may not be in PL this season

 

 

jimmys wrong
wrote on 12-Mar-24 14:36

Jimmy wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Obviously that's the mentality any team should have but just seems like silly talk that they're in for a title challenge. St Pats, Epping Eastwood and others much more likely to threaten WPH


------------------------------------------

st pats?

no chance of them winning minor premiership

can be amazing on their good days but are complete inconsistent. They also have no depth.

Author:
Subject: