Rd 16 2023 results

Views: 2221 Posts: 37
Woodies
wrote on 15-Jul-23 17:03

Hawks vs Woodies


Ressies: 

5-0 Hawks

 

1st: 

1-0 Woodies

Weird
wrote on 15-Jul-23 17:32

Ahahagagah

What happened to the haaawwwwkkiiiieeessssss

Lost to one of the worst premier league teams that's ever graced the league.

West ryde or Eastwood station?
wrote on 15-Jul-23 17:43

1st:

Normo 2 - 0 EEW

Ressies:

Normo 0 - 2 EEW

See ya
wrote on 15-Jul-23 17:55

Pen v Mac dragons

 

Ressies

4-2 Pen

1sts

4-2 Pen

 

6 points is good but relegating Ryde Saints is better

 

See ya
wrote on 15-Jul-23 18:04

Pen v Mac dragons

 

Ressies

4-2 Pen

1sts

4-2 Pen

 

6 points is good but relegating Ryde Saints is better

 

Sayonara Vince
wrote on 15-Jul-23 18:23

See ya later ya little bald redhead nugget! Enjoy assaulting people in super league next year champion!

Ryde’s ranga
wrote on 15-Jul-23 19:00

So I saw the game today and watched the ranga with interest having heard enough about him on here. 

He's actually a reasonable player. Good organiser, holds their back four together, ok on the ball and in the air, a touch quicker than you would expect to.

 

But, yeah, just like the Hawkies striker the stories are true. He's a dickhead. Loves a studs up tackle, also a cheap shot today after the whistle had gone, moans constantly at every decision. I think the fact he wears number 69 so obviously thinks that is cool/funny sums him up.

 

Saints weren't that bad (with the caveat we had at least 6-7 of the first team missing today) but they have nothing up front and as the game wears on the 50:50 decisions go against them because as is human nature the refs just get sick of the constant verbals and whining.

 

Has to be said their ressies were beyond abysmal bearing in mind WPH had at least 4 players in from the U18/U21 (I'm not sure) and were as short as I've seen in a long time.

 

Along with their shitty ground very happy to see the back of a nothing club.

Time
wrote on 15-Jul-23 19:01

Good bye Ryde saints, should have gone last year but north Epping were just shit.

Ryde’s ranga
wrote on 15-Jul-23 19:23

So I saw the game today and watched the ranga with interest having heard enough about him on here. 

He's actually a reasonable player. Good organiser, holds their back four together, ok on the ball and in the air, a touch quicker than you would expect to.

 

But, yeah, just like the Hawkies striker the stories are true. He's a dickhead. Loves a studs up tackle, also a cheap shot today after the whistle had gone, moans constantly at every decision. I think the fact he wears number 69 so obviously thinks that is cool/funny sums him up.

 

Saints weren't that bad (with the caveat we had at least 6-7 of the first team missing today) but they have nothing up front and as the game wears on the 50:50 decisions go against them because as is human nature the refs just get sick of the constant verbals and whining.

 

Has to be said their ressies were beyond abysmal bearing in mind WPH had at least 4 players in from the U18/U21 (I'm not sure) and were as short as I've seen in a long time.

 

Along with their shitty ground very happy to see the back of a nothing club.

Super league veteran
wrote on 16-Jul-23 09:54

Saints were the worst team to go up from SL in over a decade when they did. Surprised they stayed up this long. Shit club and terrible culture

Downward
wrote on 16-Jul-23 11:45

Super league veteran wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Saints were the worst team to go up from SL in over a decade when they did. Surprised they stayed up this long. Shit club and terrible culture


------------------------------------------

 

yet another example of just how weak the pl in this association has become 

Curious
wrote on 16-Jul-23 19:16

Downward wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Super league veteran wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>Saints were the worst team to go up from SL in over a decade when they did. Surprised they stayed up this long. Shit club and terrible culture

>
------------------------------------------

>yet another example of just how weak the pl in this association has become 


------------------------------------------

Does anyone have an idea of why this has happened. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this statement I'm just curious 

Curious
wrote on 16-Jul-23 19:16

Downward wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Super league veteran wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>Saints were the worst team to go up from SL in over a decade when they did. Surprised they stayed up this long. Shit club and terrible culture

>
------------------------------------------

>yet another example of just how weak the pl in this association has become 


------------------------------------------

Does anyone have an idea of why this has happened. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this statement I'm just curious 

dont worry
wrote on 17-Jul-23 14:56

Curious wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Downward wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>Super league veteran wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>>Saints were the worst team to go up from SL in over a decade when they did. Surprised they stayed up this long. Shit club and terrible culture

>>
------------------------------------------

>> 

>>yet another example of just how weak the pl in this association has become 

>
------------------------------------------

>Does anyone have an idea of why this has happened. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this statement I'm just curious 


------------------------------------------

 

it hasnt

its just oldies with rose tiinted glasses of their hay day or kenthurst players

 

saints would beat any ghfa team from the 90s and that was considered ghfas glory years

Meds
wrote on 17-Jul-23 15:27

There seems to be a massive number of players from all squads o/s this season. I think most teams have been decimated by low numbers which has impacted the quality.

Promotion of Youths
wrote on 17-Jul-23 16:46

Meds wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>There seems to be a massive number of players from all squads o/s this season. I think most teams have been decimated by low numbers which has impacted the quality.


------------------------------------------

 

Only reason why Woodies would have been relegated was because 60% of the squad went to Europe. 

Other teams mid-way through through the season and even now to the end are losing players overseas. Haven't seen so many juniors play Ressies in a season before like we have this season.

Comment of the day
wrote on 17-Jul-23 20:58

dont worry wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Curious wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>Downward wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>>Super league veteran wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>>>Saints were the worst team to go up from SL in over a decade when they did. Surprised they stayed up this long. Shit club and terrible culture

>>>
------------------------------------------

>>> 

>>>yet another example of just how weak the pl in this association has become 

>>
------------------------------------------

>>Does anyone have an idea of why this has happened. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this statement I'm just curious 

>
------------------------------------------

>it hasnt

>its just oldies with rose tiinted glasses of their hay day or kenthurst players

>saints would beat any ghfa team from the 90s and that was considered ghfas glory years


------------------------------------------

 

Ahahaha thanks for the good belly laugh. You should do standup comedy lol

found him
wrote on 18-Jul-23 10:18

Comment of the day wrote:

------------------------------------------

>Ahahaha thanks for the good belly laugh. You should do standup comedy lol


------------------------------------------

 

found the guy i was talking about.

 

look at the overall quality of football over all levels.

It has greatly increased over the last 20-30 years.

a league quality is way higher than nsl

the npl equivalent is higher now then it was then.

and the ghfa premier league quality is higher.

 

Players that would have played nsl, npl level back then would struggle to make it to that level now a days.

Get a grip
wrote on 18-Jul-23 13:26

found him wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Comment of the day wrote:

------------------------------------------

>> 

>>Ahahaha thanks for the good belly laugh. You should do standup comedy lol

>
------------------------------------------

>found the guy i was talking about.

>look at the overall quality of football over all levels.

>It has greatly increased over the last 20-30 years.

>a league quality is way higher than nsl

>the npl equivalent is higher now then it was then.

>and the ghfa premier league quality is higher.

>Players that would have played nsl, npl level back then would struggle to make it to that level now a days.


------------------------------------------

 

That you think NPL is better now than before really shows your age or there lack of. Were you around in the 90s to make a judgement? Doubtful. Ghfa in the 90s and 00s predominantly had every game a tough encounter. More ghfa pl sides made and or won state cups / CoC finals than the last decade and certainly do now. But hey you stick to your narrow perspective and inflated opinion of your ability lol

It’s not the same
wrote on 18-Jul-23 13:59

Comparing this era with one 25-30 years ago is impossible. And pointless.

 

For me, players are technically superior now and much fitter and quicker. At the same time, the game is much "softer". This goes right through to professional levels. 

Go back another 25-30 years and players like Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff and Charlton simply weren't producing any technical ability that any professional couldn't manage now. But of course they had much more about them in terms of handling physicality of defenders, reading of the game, etc.

 

I enjoyed the game when I played it and I enjoy watching it now. It's not better or worse, it's different.

kenthurst keith
wrote on 18-Jul-23 18:48

the ghaf competitiehas been poor since we bush boys left along with the pumas and other real hills teams hills teams that stayed in ghaf woodve got flogged in hills comp come down and learn a thing or too you walking pie ovens youre games are in slow motien

found another
wrote on 19-Jul-23 07:53

Get a grip wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>found him wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>Comment of the day wrote:

------------------------------------------

>>> 

>>>Ahahaha thanks for the good belly laugh. You should do standup comedy lol

>>
------------------------------------------

>> 

>>found the guy i was talking about.

>> 

>>look at the overall quality of football over all levels.

>>It has greatly increased over the last 20-30 years.

>>a league quality is way higher than nsl

>>the npl equivalent is higher now then it was then.

>>and the ghfa premier league quality is higher.

>> 

>>Players that would have played nsl, npl level back then would struggle to make it to that level now a days.

>
------------------------------------------

>That you think NPL is better now than before really shows your age or there lack of. Were you around in the 90s to make a judgement? Doubtful. Ghfa in the 90s and 00s predominantly had every game a tough encounter. More ghfa pl sides made and or won state cups / CoC finals than the last decade and certainly do now. But hey you stick to your narrow perspective and inflated opinion of your ability lol


------------------------------------------

found another one!!!!

I already said that the ghfa teams of the 90s and 00s did better in the state wide competitions...

I just said that theyre not as good as the teams we have in the comp today.

like the person above me said, everyone these days is faster, fitter and has more technical ability.

 

If your argument is that the comp was better because we won more than yes you are correct. But in no way shape or fashion would the teams back then be able to compete with the teams now.

They would look like woodies did at the start of the season. Just big oafs trying to muscle themselves to a win while the other teams would just pass the ball around them.

THE ROCK
wrote on 19-Jul-23 12:08

It would have to depend on what you define as better.

 

With the introduction of artificial pitches, the game has been allowed to be accelerated and hence players skills increased. Does this define better?

 

 

Better
wrote on 19-Jul-23 17:13

The game and players have definitely gotten better. It's such a strange discourse to say that the quality of sporting competitions and their players haven't improved. In virtually every sport and their respective competition there has been improvement and increase of overall quality. That's just how sport works, generally everything improves and gets better. This competition is no different. Players haven't regressed in ability. People just let the past cloud their judgement and I don't blame them. It can be hard to recognise the overall improvement. To make an example out of professional football you just have to look at the technical ability of keepers with their feet. Today's keepers are so much better at playing with ball with their feet than keepers of the older generation. Does this mean the old keepers were bad? No of course not. They were great in their era. But it would be ridiculous to say that their hasn't been an overall improvement in their ability as the years have gone on.

Rose tinted
wrote on 19-Jul-23 17:39

It seems like too many blokes my age (40's/50's) have rose tinted spectacles about the quality of games in the old days. 

Find some stuff on YouTube or the internet or whatever. Not highlight packages. Watch a full 90 minutes. You'll watch it and think how shit it was. That's why players could smoke, drink, eat big steaks before a game, have limited muscle definition, etc.

 

Why there is the need to talk the past up is beyond me. So the game is better now. It doesn't reflect badly on what we had because what we had was fine at the time.

 

At our level a good example would be Morro. Was a nightmare to play against. Quality on the ball, hard as nails, strong, read the game really well. Seriously dominant - in my opinion the toughest midfielder I came up against in this league.

Nowdays the kids would run rings around him, he wouldn't get near WPH's midfield. 

it doesn't reflect badly on him - he was that good at times I still have nightmares!

None
wrote on 19-Jul-23 18:28

Rose tinted wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>It seems like too many blokes my age (40's/50's) have rose tinted spectacles about the quality of games in the old days. 

>Find some stuff on YouTube or the internet or whatever. Not highlight packages. Watch a full 90 minutes. You'll watch it and think how shit it was. That's why players could smoke, drink, eat big steaks before a game, have limited muscle definition, etc.

>Why there is the need to talk the past up is beyond me. So the game is better now. It doesn't reflect badly on what we had because what we had was fine at the time.

>At our level a good example would be Morro. Was a nightmare to play against. Quality on the ball, hard as nails, strong, read the game really well. Seriously dominant - in my opinion the toughest midfielder I came up against in this league.

>Nowdays the kids would run rings around him, he wouldn't get near WPH's midfield. 

>it doesn't reflect badly on him - he was that good at times I still have nightmares!


------------------------------------------

WPH don't have a midfield

Juice
wrote on 19-Jul-23 18:54

Rose tinted wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>It seems like too many blokes my age (40's/50's) have rose tinted spectacles about the quality of games in the old days. 

>Find some stuff on YouTube or the internet or whatever. Not highlight packages. Watch a full 90 minutes. You'll watch it and think how shit it was. That's why players could smoke, drink, eat big steaks before a game, have limited muscle definition, etc.

>Why there is the need to talk the past up is beyond me. So the game is better now. It doesn't reflect badly on what we had because what we had was fine at the time.

>At our level a good example would be Morro. Was a nightmare to play against. Quality on the ball, hard as nails, strong, read the game really well. Seriously dominant - in my opinion the toughest midfielder I came up against in this league.

>Nowdays the kids would run rings around him, he wouldn't get near WPH's midfield. 

>it doesn't reflect badly on him - he was that good at times I still have nightmares!


------------------------------------------

 

hmmm nope, don't agree with Moro comparison to current WPH midfield... or any current midfield really. Perhaps you're thinking of his final days in PL but as certainly not earlier. Different gravy to today's crop. 

Backwards
wrote on 19-Jul-23 20:37

Better wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>The game and players have definitely gotten better. It's such a strange discourse to say that the quality of sporting competitions and their players haven't improved. In virtually every sport and their respective competition there has been improvement and increase of overall quality. That's just how sport works, generally everything improves and gets better. This competition is no different. Players haven't regressed in ability. People just let the past cloud their judgement and I don't blame them. It can be hard to recognise the overall improvement. To make an example out of professional football you just have to look at the technical ability of keepers with their feet. Today's keepers are so much better at playing with ball with their feet than keepers of the older generation. Does this mean the old keepers were bad? No of course not. They were great in their era. But it would be ridiculous to say that their hasn't been an overall improvement in their ability as the years have gone on.


------------------------------------------

 

Yeah keepers are so great with their feet they can barely do their job and catch a ball anymore...

Hazbulla
wrote on 19-Jul-23 22:23

This league sucks. 

WPH are donkies

Dragons are as good as their rugby league namesakes

Pennant hills try to knock off their secretary's at work. 

see you all at trivia tomorrow night

Alcaraz
wrote on 19-Jul-23 22:28

This leagues fucking shit, Junior Paulo would run rings around every defence here

Refs
wrote on 24-Jul-23 12:01

It's not just the quality of the comp getting worse. The refereeing I feel like is getting progressively worse every year. 

Ressies might not a great standard of footy but my god does the standard look even worse when you have these Ressies ref blow 40+ fouls a game. You can't even jump in the air without a foul being given.

I feel like it's not a great reflection if Reiddy and Tommy are still the best refs in the comp 20 years later.

 

Mike Dean
wrote on 24-Jul-23 16:10

Refs wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>It's not just the quality of the comp getting worse. The refereeing I feel like is getting progressively worse every year. 

>Ressies might not a great standard of footy but my god does the standard look even worse when you have these Ressies ref blow 40+ fouls a game. You can't even jump in the air without a foul being given.

>I feel like it's not a great reflection if Reiddy and Tommy are still the best refs in the comp 20 years later.


------------------------------------------

For sure it's gotten worse. Had some howlers this season and ones that probably need a new whistle after every game. Where are the decent ones are there any? 

Nothing special
wrote on 25-Jul-23 20:53

Mike Dean wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Refs wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>It's not just the quality of the comp getting worse. The refereeing I feel like is getting progressively worse every year. 

>>Ressies might not a great standard of footy but my god does the standard look even worse when you have these Ressies ref blow 40+ fouls a game. You can't even jump in the air without a foul being given.

>>I feel like it's not a great reflection if Reiddy and Tommy are still the best refs in the comp 20 years later.

>> 

>
------------------------------------------

>For sure it's gotten worse. Had some howlers this season and ones that probably need a new whistle after every game. Where are the decent ones are there any? 


------------------------------------------

 

Some of the better ones like Juice are doing FNSW this season and it's meant a lot of refs doing double headers. I know what you mean about getting a new whistle. Some amateurish whistling, it's like some of them don't even want to be out there. 


Can't say that we have had many howlers this season but nothing worthy to claim as good refereeing. 

 

Huh!
wrote on 26-Jul-23 04:11

Better wrote:
------------------------------------------

"To make an example out of professional football you just have to look at the technical ability of keepers with their feet. Today's keepers are so much better at playing with ball with their feet than keepers of the older generation. Does this mean the old keepers were bad? No of course not. They were great in their era. But it would be ridiculous to say that their hasn't been an overall improvement in their ability as the years have gone on."


------------------------------------------

You mean back in the days when a keeper was allowed to pick the ball up on back passes. So how would you know if they were better or not with their feet? It was not a pre-reqisite to play it with their feet and in fact was more dangerous than just picking the ball up.

Different times, different rules, different priorities for keepers. For example, bouncing the ball every four steps to four steps only, closing the attacker down as compared to making yourself big. Rules changes, in my mind, benefited the attacker, not the keeper. In fact, as pointed out in this thread, current day keepers have actually lost some of the abilities/technique that werem a pre-requiste in the olden days.

Some of the greats, Gordon Banks, Lev Yashin, Ron Cory, Peter Shilton etc may have sucked with their feet but then again it was not necessary at the time they played. They were still greats!

 

 

THE ROCK
wrote on 26-Jul-23 14:27

Every keeper i've played with was a striker hahah

Spider
wrote on 26-Jul-23 15:14

I only ever wanted to play keeper.

 

 

 

Huh!
wrote on 26-Jul-23 16:05

THE ROCK wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Every keeper i've played with was a striker hahah


------------------------------------------

Actually, that probably is not far from the truth.

 

Think about it for a second, who actually gets more shooting practice?

 

During training it is not abnormal for one or two keepers to be taking shots while the other keeper/s in the squad are in goals. In fact, most keepers probably have more shooting practice than any other member of the team.

 

Said facetiously..... If keepers weren't so lazy in standing around all game, maybe they would make good forwards!

 

Author:
Subject: