West Ryde Rovers

Views: 977 Posts: 15
Next year
wrote on 21-Aug-22 02:16

Can someone explain to me what happed to West Ryde Rovers. Like everyone else I was expecting both semi finals to be fairly straightforward with a West Penno v West Ryde final. But man were they terrible. 

Was it they were too cocky going into the game? Can someone tell me if they had injuries. Just strange that a semi final could be such a blow out.

Kye
wrote on 21-Aug-22 02:35

Kye

Blue boy
wrote on 21-Aug-22 07:33

Im a player. I can't stand WRR. Something about them. They are good at what they do such as working hard for eachother but they seriously aren't that good. Especially there ressies. They are so average and i have no idea how both teams made it as far as they did. 
Thats not saltiness from me, good luck to them. 
My problem is this. They are soooooo cocky. They strut around like they are EPL players and thay are just so supremely full of themselves. 
maybe just maybe this will bring them back to planet earth 

Ead
wrote on 21-Aug-22 07:58

Haha to the four eyes toss in reserves telling hwks to ead last week because they were playing the following week after we shipped 4 past you, how'd that extra week go for now loser?

Truth be told
wrote on 21-Aug-22 08:03

Kye was by far the stand out for WRR this year along with their bald CB who looks like Carl Baron.

 

But turn it up, they were no way near the best team in ressies, Dragons were the best in ressies in my view along with WPH.

 

The real question is, how are STA in the final....

 

 

The Cooper Show
wrote on 21-Aug-22 08:56

If Dave cooper did his job properly and made it a 1v2 , 3v4 final it would have been a different story.

 

But hey, it's all too hard...

Special
wrote on 21-Aug-22 09:20

The Cooper Show wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>If Dave cooper did his job properly and made it a 1v2 , 3v4 final it would have been a different story.

>But hey, it's all too hard...


------------------------------------------

 

Yep, it all started when Dave arranged another El Nino so we could have 6 or 7 rain affected weekends this year, and when he didn't build 10 more synthetic pitches in the district so we'd have options. Then he topped it off by following his job description and sharing the limited wet weather spaces among the 50 adult divisions instead of listening to ressies players about how special they are. 

soap opera
wrote on 21-Aug-22 09:43

No, it started when all of a sudden it became all too hard to play a proper semi finals series.

 

Just like it was all too hard to play a proper ressies season.

 

Argue all you like, but at the end of the day there is NO valid reason for playing 1v4,2v3 when all games are at Cristie Park.

 

Who was playing at ELS,Penno, West Epping yesterday at 5pm/7pm?

 

End of story bud, back in your box

Special facts
wrote on 21-Aug-22 10:01

soap opera wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>No, it started when all of a sudden it became all too hard to play a proper semi finals series.

>Just like it was all too hard to play a proper ressies season.

>Argue all you like, but at the end of the day there is NO valid reason for playing 1v4,2v3 when all games are at Cristie Park.

>Who was playing at ELS,Penno, West Epping yesterday at 5pm/7pm?

>End of story bud, back in your box


------------------------------------------

AA2,35/4 and 35/1 in the evening at those 3 grounds yesterday finishing off normal season games. All divisions that have lost 4 normal rounds and have no semis. All full of players just as entitled to play park football as ressies. 

Exactly
wrote on 21-Aug-22 11:52

Like i said, who cares about AA2,35/4?

35/1 - fair enough.

 

It's also important to note, that all of those games were at 5pm KO, PL Firsts KO @ 730 or so.

 

And next week, i bet there will be limited games on all weekend on the artificial pitches at the times PL would be playing.

 

Nice to see the women get a full finals series.

Womens football is so amazing to watch. Right up there with AA12's.

 

 

 

Ease up
wrote on 21-Aug-22 15:58

Rovers aren't as bad as you're making them out to be. Not a bad bunch of guys (every team has 1 or 2 douchbags) but overall a good bunch of blokes. You're probably right with the fact they do rely on 1 or 2 players in each grade a little too much (Hatfield in ressies and Kye in firsts) once they aren't on the pitch/not playing they're not very threatening. 
I wouldn't be too disappointed if I were them though. A pre season cup win and a good semi final appearence in both grades, a lot to build on for next year. 

Landlord
wrote on 22-Aug-22 09:33

Ead wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Haha to the four eyes toss in reserves telling hwks to ead last week because they were playing the following week after we shipped 4 past you, how'd that extra week go for now loser?


------------------------------------------

I hope you're charging four eyes for amenities, can't have him living rent free in your head like that son

Ead
wrote on 22-Aug-22 12:03

Landlord wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Ead wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>Haha to the four eyes toss in reserves telling hwks to ead last week because they were playing the following week after we shipped 4 past you, how'd that extra week go for now loser?

>
------------------------------------------

>I hope you're charging four eyes for amenities, can't have him living rent free in your head like that son


------------------------------------------
Haha rented for a week about as extra long as your zip season lol

You are salty
wrote on 24-Aug-22 12:26

The Cooper Show wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>If Dave cooper did his job properly and made it a 1v2 , 3v4 final it would have been a different story.

>But hey, it's all too hard...


------------------------------------------

The reward in finishing first and second is that you get to play team lower down the table. If first and second played eachother the best teams would not make the finals. If first played fourth it'd be a blow out. Is that not common sense or are you just too special to comprehend it? 

ummmmmm
wrote on 24-Aug-22 13:01

You are salty wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>The Cooper Show wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>If Dave cooper did his job properly and made it a 1v2 , 3v4 final it would have been a different story.

>> 

>>But hey, it's all too hard...

>
------------------------------------------

>The reward in finishing first and second is that you get to play team lower down the table. If first and second played eachother the best teams would not make the finals. If first played fourth it'd be a blow out. Is that not common sense or are you just too special to comprehend it? 


------------------------------------------

 

hahahahahahah maybe have a think about what youre saying before you say it

in a 1v2 3v4 finals series

1 and 2 get a second chance

 

its not that hard buddy

Author:
Subject: