Rain

Views: 1789 Posts: 35
Jonjo
wrote on 01-Jul-22 11:13

Showing Sportsgrounds closed.

any updates on games being moved or we having another washed out round 

noah's ark
wrote on 01-Jul-22 15:18
News
wrote on 01-Jul-22 15:43

Whole round.is washed out except u14s and a few ressies/super league catch-ups 

Cooper the joker
wrote on 01-Jul-22 15:51

Dear Clubs,

 

Due to Council Closures of grounds in Ryde and Hunters Hill and the predicted forecast of heavy rain over the weekend, we have take the decision to call off all matches except for the following, which will be played on the available synthetic fields.

 

All Friday night games will proceed as scheduled tonight.

 

We have decided to play U14 Div 1, 2 and 3 as we can fit 12 games on the synthetic’s in the morning and will be followed a number of rescheduled games that still need to be played. Please look at the games carefully and let your teams know.

 

In the 14’s we have tried to keep the times as close as possible to their originally scheduled times.

 

Saturday 2nd July Schedule below

 

 

ELS Hall

Pennant Hills

West Epping

8.00am

U14/3 - RDP Blue v WPH

U14/1 - LEA v NMH

U14/3 - NER v HWK

9.15am

U14/3 - STA v RDP Black

U14/2 - WPH v HWK

U14/3 - ASH v LEA

10.30am

U14/2 - THL v RDP

U14/2 - RED v WRR

U14/1 - NER v ASH

11.45am

U14/1 - STU v WRR

U14/1 - PEN v RDP

U14/2 - EPP v NHF

1.00pm

PL Res - STA v MDF

PL Res - NER v PEN

SL Res - LEA v NHF

3.00pm

AA4 - MAC v STA*

AA4 - NER v HWK

PL Res - STU v WRR

 

Denise has sent a separate email with regards to Sunday women’s competitions.

 

Moving forward with the games that have been postponed from this weekend, we will do the following:

 

Minis – both mixed and women’s will now be played on the August 20/21, which was going to be the additional round, as per last week’s email.

Youth – both mixed and women’s all games will be classified as Washout Rescheduled games and will take the place of one of the scheduled Finals Round Robin games.  The dates of these will vary depending the number of teams in each competition.

Senior – all games will be scheduled to be played at the back end of the season. This will replace weekends scheduled for finals, but there are no other options available to us. For those 10-team competitions, this will basically eat up all available weekends to Premiership games and will result in any further rounds being Cancelled and the finals reduced to a Grand Final only with 1st playing 2nd.  

 

We will update Dribl in the next couple of hours with all the changes.

Very Hard
wrote on 01-Jul-22 19:54

Sorry but thats a fucking joke.

 

Hornsby have all the grounds open, not hard to play them on a ground that can take it.

 

Campbell,Hayes and Pennant hills look like home games and all thr grounds are open.

 

North epping is never open, so that might have been an issue and Eastwood could have played at Normanhurst Oval.

 

Pretty easy to arrange isnt it?

 

But no, lets play the 14/3 and AA4.

 

Like who actually comes up with this shit. At worst, they should have played all the Catch up games in ressies this weekend.

 

The bloke in charge should seriously resign as his management skills of the games is just way off the pace.

Very childish
wrote on 01-Jul-22 20:02

Very Hard wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Sorry but thats a fucking joke.

>Hornsby have all the grounds open, not hard to play them on a ground that can take it.

>Campbell,Hayes and Pennant hills look like home games and all thr grounds are open.

>North epping is never open, so that might have been an issue and Eastwood could have played at Normanhurst Oval.

>Pretty easy to arrange isnt it?

>But no, lets play the 14/3 and AA4.

>Like who actually comes up with this shit. At worst, they should have played all the Catch up games in ressies this weekend.

>The bloke in charge should seriously resign as his management skills of the games is just way off the pace.


------------------------------------------

Nominating yourself then to do the job? Mid Friday afternoon decision is not suffice time idiot. Try getting out of your own inconsequential existence way  and get over yourself. PL is not the centre of the universe child. 

Very Hard
wrote on 01-Jul-22 20:18

How is it childish.

 

You have a paid position to work this shit out.

 

Rain has been forecasted since Monday for today till next Wednesday, not hard to have a backup plan. We all know Ryde and Hunters Hill are precious about their ovals, Hornsby not so much.

 

If all councils closed their grounds, fair enought cancel it all, but not if there are grounds open.

 

I mean Campbell, Hayes and Pennant Hills were already scheduled. Find another 2 grounds.

 

Pretty sure If Hayes 1 was open, Hayes 2 would be open too, so boom, there is one problem solved, 1 more ground and you have a valid round....

 

Sorry am i simplifing it too much?  1-2phone calls, all done. Then get the refs relocated to the new grounds..... Fark hard job hey,

Just thinking
wrote on 01-Jul-22 20:21

I wonder who is playing on the syntheics on the Sunday?

 

Let me guess.. Womens Premier League..

 

Funny that... Women don't seem to miss out  -  Maybe Sue should take Coopers job.

Wrong...
wrote on 01-Jul-22 21:11

Wrong - Womens PL is to be played:

 

1pm - Peel

3pm- Peel

3pm - Campbell Park.

 

Maybe it's ok for women to play because they don't damage the pitch like men.... but that would be sexist.

Reality check
wrote on 02-Jul-22 07:44

Just thinking wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>I wonder who is playing on the syntheics on the Sunday?

>Let me guess.. Womens Premier League..

>Funny that... Women don't seem to miss out  -  Maybe Sue should take Coopers job.


------------------------------------------

Who is Sue

Its Denise.

 

I appreciate your frustration but it's not as simple as flicking a switch. Clubs need to setup abs pack up the fields and for us to ask non PL clubs to do that just so you guys can play would be asking volunteers from other clubc( presidents, geoundsman,canteens) to setup so you guys can play.

 

then what about the teams thst don't get to play? 

Have a sook
wrote on 02-Jul-22 10:02

Very Hard wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Sorry but thats a fucking joke.

>Hornsby have all the grounds open, not hard to play them on a ground that can take it.

>Campbell,Hayes and Pennant hills look like home games and all thr grounds are open.

>North epping is never open, so that might have been an issue and Eastwood could have played at Normanhurst Oval.

>Pretty easy to arrange isnt it?

>But no, lets play the 14/3 and AA4.

>Like who actually comes up with this shit. At worst, they should have played all the Catch up games in ressies this weekend.

>The bloke in charge should seriously resign as his management skills of the games is just way off the pace.


------------------------------------------

They are using today to play catch up games you Muppet

100% you're a dragons first grader always whinging do no reason

That's why your coach tries to stop you from posting here, he knows you're a bunch of cry babies

Cry babys everywhere
wrote on 02-Jul-22 10:29

Have a sook wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Very Hard wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>Sorry but thats a fucking joke.

>> 

>>Hornsby have all the grounds open, not hard to play them on a ground that can take it.

>> 

>>Campbell,Hayes and Pennant hills look like home games and all thr grounds are open.

>> 

>>North epping is never open, so that might have been an issue and Eastwood could have played at Normanhurst Oval.

>> 

>>Pretty easy to arrange isnt it?

>> 

>>But no, lets play the 14/3 and AA4.

>> 

>>Like who actually comes up with this shit. At worst, they should have played all the Catch up games in ressies this weekend.

>> 

>>The bloke in charge should seriously resign as his management skills of the games is just way off the pace.

>
------------------------------------------

>They are using today to play catch up games you Muppet

>100% you're a dragons first grader always whinging do no reason

>That's why your coach tries to stop you from posting here, he knows you're a bunch of cry babies


------------------------------------------

Wow you're throwing accusations far and wide there lol. 
whats the matter little fella, did they cut you at trials?

Hahaha
wrote on 02-Jul-22 13:30

Someone is salty at the dragons... what's wrong mate not good enough? did you get cut at trials?

did you lose recently?

whos the sook hahahahaha.

 

Back to primary school
wrote on 02-Jul-22 17:07

Very Hard wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>How is it childish.

>You have a paid position to work this shit out.

>Rain has been forecasted since Monday for today till next Wednesday, not hard to have a backup plan. We all know Ryde and Hunters Hill are precious about their ovals, Hornsby not so much.

>If all councils closed their grounds, fair enought cancel it all, but not if there are grounds open.

>I mean Campbell, Hayes and Pennant Hills were already scheduled. Find another 2 grounds.

>Pretty sure If Hayes 1 was open, Hayes 2 would be open too, so boom, there is one problem solved, 1 more ground and you have a valid round....

>Sorry am i simplifing it too much?  1-2phone calls, all done. Then get the refs relocated to the new grounds..... Fark hard job hey,


------------------------------------------

 

Lots of rain forecast early and as expected, nowhere was playable today unless it was synthetic. Your Plan B would have had us running round like headless chooks and still no football. At least the NWSF management didnt do that so hey! maybe they really are better at management than you

Lol
wrote on 02-Jul-22 18:00

Hahaha wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Someone is salty at the dragons... what's wrong mate not good enough? did you get cut at trials?

>did you lose recently?

>whos the sook hahahahaha.


------------------------------------------

Still you

Left overe
wrote on 02-Jul-22 19:08

Hahaha wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>Someone is salty at the dragons... what's wrong mate not good enough? did you get cut at trials?

>did you lose recently?

>whos the sook hahahahaha.


------------------------------------------

Haha why don't you ask your top scorer where he got cut from before we strolled down to you guys

T1m Bailey
wrote on 14-Jul-22 10:10

The weather forecast is sh1t.

 

told us no rain for wed/thu/fri ..sat/sun

Tom Bailey
wrote on 18-Jul-22 16:07

Will rain out again this weekend.

 

Book your skiing fellas.

wonder...
wrote on 19-Jul-22 09:21

I wonder where spiriti or gladsville ryde are playing this week.

 

if they are not at christie, it's game on

forgetful
wrote on 19-Jul-22 11:11

wonder... wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>I wonder where spiriti or gladsville ryde are playing this week.

>if they are not at christie, it's game on


------------------------------------------

youre forgetting about the u11/3s and o35/2s that have precedence

confirmation
wrote on 19-Jul-22 11:16

wonder... wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>I wonder where spiriti or gladsville ryde are playing this week.

>if they are not at christie, it's game on


------------------------------------------

they are both playing away this weekend

Juice
wrote on 19-Jul-22 11:48

confirmation wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>wonder... wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>I wonder where spiriti or gladsville ryde are playing this week.

>> 

>>if they are not at christie, it's game on

>
------------------------------------------

>they are both playing away this weekend

------------------------------------------

 

Negative.

Gladesville Ryde youth are at home on Christie 1 until 5:30pm on Saturday. Christie 2 available from 1pm.

Christie out all day Sunday for NWS Spirit womans.

confirmation
wrote on 19-Jul-22 13:11

my bad i forgot youth teams were a thing, i should have looked at the above post and seen that u/11s take precedence

Ted
wrote on 19-Jul-22 13:12

There are more synthetic grounds in the Association than just CP

confirmation
wrote on 19-Jul-22 15:26

and there are lots of u11s and u13s and o35s grades that take precedence

Juice
wrote on 19-Jul-22 16:06

confirmation wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>my bad i forgot youth teams were a thing, i should have looked at the above post and seen that u/11s take precedence


------------------------------------------

 

Gladesville is FNSW not Association, and Christie is their home ground shared with NWS Spirit. So yes, even their youth will and should take precedent over Association PL... I might add, their U12s pay more in fees than any PL player ;)

M.oliver
wrote on 19-Jul-22 16:13

>. I might add, their U12s pay more in fees than any PL player ;)

 

$3000 a pop

THE ROCK
wrote on 19-Jul-22 16:19

Juice wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>confirmation wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>>my bad i forgot youth teams were a thing, i should have looked at the above post and seen that u/11s take precedence

>
------------------------------------------

>Gladesville is FNSW not Association, and Christie is their home ground shared with NWS Spirit. So yes, even their youth will and should take precedent over Association PL... I might add, their U12s pay more in fees than any PL player ;)


------------------------------------------

Agree!

 

State league should have preference.

There should be enough grounds, even if they play later to get all of PL on, but who knows what they are doing with reserve grade at the moment.

 

Does anyone know? Are they going to play the make up games from last week?

In the know
wrote on 19-Jul-22 17:28

As far as I'm aware last week's games are fully cancelled

All other games should be replayed

Not sure what's going to happen when this week gets washed out including some ressies catch ups that were meant to be played tomorrow and Thursday night.

 

Brainiac
wrote on 21-Jul-22 16:16

The games that were meant to be caught up this week was Hawks v Ryde Saints @ Hayes and WPH v WRR @ Campbell tonight.

 

I See Hawks won 3-0 and Campbell Park is open tonight, so that will go ahead too.

 

Goes to show, you don't have to magically move everything to astro turf to get a full competition round in, just make it work with what you have.

 

Coops, lets play the other games, can't be that hard to arrange 5 ressies games to be caught up :-)

Hype
wrote on 21-Jul-22 16:26

Hawks won on forfeit last night & the WPH v WRR game has been postponed as Campbell Park is closed.

WRR are soft..
wrote on 21-Jul-22 17:25

Typical, Rovers being soft and not wanting to play.

 

Surprised they didn't lobby the NSWF into playing at Christie Park.

Normo Vs Epping Eastwood
wrote on 21-Jul-22 19:34

Normo Vs Epping Eastwood was played on Tuesday night and that probably shouldn't have gone ahead. The whole ground is now a disaster...

 

Pathetic
wrote on 21-Jul-22 22:45

To have a team forfeit is pathetic, I don't care what the situation is, get a big enough squad for the season. Saints should go down what an embarassment.

True
wrote on 22-Jul-22 06:06

Pathetic wrote:
------------------------------------------
>

>To have a team forfeit is pathetic, I don't care what the situation is, get a big enough squad for the season. Saints should go down what an embarassment.


------------------------------------------

You will certainly get your wish

Author:
Subject: